There is nothing more satisfying — and healthy — on a hot summer day than a smoothie chock full of fresh fruit and veggies. It’s also a great way to get a little bit of the green stuff into your reluctant eater. If you don’t have a reluctant eater at home, well — you’ll still enjoy them.
Here are a few fun smoothie combo ideas:
- Strawberry-Banana: Strawberries, Banana, Vanilla Yogurt and OJ. Recipe from parents.com.
- Popeye Smoothie: Banana, Green Grapes, Apple, Vanilla Yogurt and Spinach.
- Cherry Vanilla Smoothie: Apple Juice or Cider, Low-fat Vanilla Yogurt, Vanilla Extract, and Frozen Pitted Cherries.
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie: Pineapple Juice, Kiwi, Banana and Frozen Strawberries.
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Blast: Gluten Free Almond Milk, Blueberries, Vanilla Rice Protein Powder, and Stevia. Recipe from Gluten Free Goddess.
- Hawaiian Smoothie: Fresh Pineapple, Papaya, Guava Nectar, Lime Juice, Grenadine and Ice. Recipe from Eating Well.
Share you favorite smoothie combinations!