Welcome to KneeBouncers.com® (KneeBouncers), which is owned and operated by KneeBouncers, LLC. We promote play with purpose. We believe that through play, little ones can creatively explore and discover their world and develop a life long love of learning. We provide interactive learning and development play designed with early education experts to provide premium age-appropriate content. Our mission is to engage, encourage, entertain and educate in a safe online environment.
Summary of Key Points
- The Services are backed by our Child Safe guarantee. This means that Accounts will never include any pop-up ads or other advertisements directed to children.
- Personal Information, or PI, is defined in this policy to mirror the text of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- We take your privacy very seriously, and we never monetize your Personal Information; we use it to enhance your experience with opportunities like special promotions and offers.
- During KneeBouncers registration, the only information we may ask you to provide is related to the parent, guardian, teacher, or adult who is responsible for the account.
- The information we collect is information you provide (such as first name, age, city and state) and will not be shared with a third party. For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- If you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, we will write back using your e-mail address, but we will not keep the address or use it again, unless you have a follow-up question. If you send us a message that is a lot of gibberish (assuming that it is your little one pounding the keyboard), we will laugh and possibly write back.
- Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- No one will be excluded from our site for not giving us personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address), we will only keep it until that particular activity is complete. We will not share this information with a third party.
- We do not sell products or services to children. If you are under 18, you may make a purchase only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list. We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion. We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
- We do not ask for certain sensitive PI such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, or biometric data. However, paying subscribers are asked for payment information when they subscribe.
- Because the security of your Personal Information is important to us, we only ask for PI where it serves a business purpose and try to limit the collection of PI to only what is necessary to accomplish those purposes. We also use commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard all information collected by the Services.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. The cookies may transmit information via your browser with a purpose of authenticating or identifying the computer (via, e.g., the IP address) or the User. Cookies may contain information such as registration data and User preferences.
How We Use Information
We will never monetize the Personal Information of any User of the Services by providing it to a third party in exchange for money, except as described in this policy in the context of a sale of the Company.
We and our third-party service providers may use the information collected from Users as follows:
Information collected from Users may be used:
- To permit you to register and use the Services, including, for example, to send you communications.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, retrieve your password, or provide technical support. For Consumer and Other Accounts to provide marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. While it is never our intention to send any marketing messages to children, if you believe a Child User has received such a marketing communication, please contact us. You can always choose to stop receiving these marketing messages by simply following the instructions contained in the message or, if the communication is by phone, informing the caller of your desire not to receive further phone communications.
- To deliver KneeBouncer advertising to you based on your visits to the non-child-directed portions of the Services (such as www.KneeBouncers.com), for example when you visit third-party websites and applications or via postal mail. We will never use information collected in the child-directed portions of the Services for targeted advertising purposes. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted; however, you may opt out of receiving online interest-based advertising from our interest-based advertising providers by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices. For more information about web browser “do not track” signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. California residents have additional rights under the CCPA.
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising to adults.
In addition, with respect to Consumer and Other Accounts, we may use third-party advertising networks and other affiliates in association with cookies, pixel tags, or IFrames for Adult Users’ visits to the non-child-directed portions of the Services and to (1) deliver interest-based advertising to those Adult Users, including KneeBouncers-branded advertising, when those Adult Users visit third-party websites; and (2) provide us with statistics about the effectiveness of our advertising on third-party websites. These third-party advertising networks may use this cookie information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We do not disclose the Personal Information of any User to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes. This also means that we do not share the Personal Information of children under the age of 16 for valuable consideration.
We also may disclose de-identified and/or aggregated User information for any other purpose as permissible by applicable law—for example, the distribution of de-identified user records to outside researchers or the distribution of reports containing aggregate user demographic and traffic patterns—provided that no individual Adult User or Child User or any specific end-user device can be readily identified.
California Privacy Rights
Effective January 1, 2020, the CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. In this section “you” or “your” refers to California residents. Under the new law we are required to disclose the categories of sources from whom we collect personal information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above. We are also required to communicate information about rights you have under California law, such as:
- Right to access Personal Information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information we hold.
- Right to data portability. You may be entitled to receive a copy of your electronic Personal Information in a readily-usable format.
- Right to disclosure. You may be entitled to receive information regarding the categories of Personal Information we collected, the sources from which we collected Personal Information, the purposes for which we collected and shared Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, and the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
- Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
Right to opt-out of certain sharing with third parties. You may be entitled to direct us to stop disclosing your Personal Information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. You can exercise such right to opt-out Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
As stated in the Summary of Key Points above, we will never monetize the Personal Information of any User of the Services by providing it to a third party in exchange for money. The CCPA has a broader definition of the term “sell” which includes disclosing Personal Information to any third party for valuable consideration. When we work with our advertising partners we are disclosing certain information such as cookies for their services, which are of value to us. You may be entitled to direct us to stop disclosing your Personal Information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. You can exercise such right to opt-out Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
In addition, we are required to provide you certain information about the business and commercial purposes for which we collect and share your personal information.
We use and disclose the information we collect for the business purposes described in this policy, including but not limited to: process payments, conduct research, detect security incidents and prevent fraud, debug and repair errors, maintain your account, provide customer service, and other activities to improve our service, show advertising, market our services, and understand how users interact with our services.
In the preceding 12 months, we have also disclosed the following categories of personal information for one or more business purposes: identifiers, commercial information, internet or electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and inferences we draw or derive about users.
We use and disclose the information we collect for the following business purposes: enabling and affecting commercial transactions and advancing our commercial and economic interests, such as delivering interest-based advertising to Adult Users and analyzing the effectiveness of our advertisements.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your Child.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We fully support your privacy rights and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Links to Other Services
In certain sections of the Services, we may include links to external websites or applications (for example, Facebook and Twitter). However, in order to protect children from accessing these external websites, an Adult User will be required to enter a valid password. These websites and applications are governed by their own privacy policies or information collection practices, which may be substantially different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of any external websites and apps, as those parties’ practices would not be subject to this policy.
Location of Information Processing
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States. Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including the United States, which may have data protection laws that are different from those of your country. In addition, your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement officials in countries where it may be processed, under the laws of those countries.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we employ physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. We use industry standard SSL (secure socket layer technology) encryption to transfer PI. Other security safeguards include, but are not limited to, data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to buildings and files.
Account holders create a password in the registration process. You can help protect against unauthorized access to your Account and PI by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account. At registration, we assign a Member ID to each Account and use those Member IDs to authenticate logins, allow access to the subscription content, and monitor compliance. The Member ID is also used to authenticate users when requesting technical support. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and two-factor authentication) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at 443-300-2300.
Thank you and keep on KneeBouncing!